Full stack developers are in high demand these days. With their expertise in handling each aspect of backend and frontend development, a dedicated team of Full Stack programmers has become the call of the hour in software development. From start-ups to enterprises, decision-makers are hiring Full Stack programmers to get started on their website or app development.
Number of software developers around the globe:
Source: Doit software
Coming up with a great app idea is just the beginning. The biggest challenge is to find a perfect development team that can bring any app idea to life. You should aim to hire full stack developers who can do everything according to your budget, requirements and goals. But the question remains: how and where to find them?
We’ve got all the answers for you!
Our experts have encapsulated everything you need to know about how to hire full stack web developers in this blog.
HAVE A LOOK…
Table of Content
What is a Full Stack Developer? (Full Stack Developer Meaning)
Read this blog to learn how to hire full stack programmers, including the right skill set and responsibilities, options to hire, and examples of interviewing questions.
Why Hire Full Stack Developers?
- Add new features and infrastructure development in support of project requirements.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable software solutions that enable enhanced user experiences and sustainable business growth.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and staying up-to-date with technological advancements.
- Ensure application performance, scale, and uptime, delivering high quality code and creative application design.
- Be a team leader in new projects from conceptualization to deployment.
Different Types of Full Stack Developers
Before hiring full stack programmers for software development, you should understand that they utilise various tech stacks for full stack development. And here are the types of tech stacks:
- M is for MongoDB, NoSQL Database, used for storing and processing data.
- E is for the Express, a framework package for Node JS.
- A is for Angular, a framework, responsible for the frontend part of the product
- N is for Node, a backend framework.
- M is for MongoDB.
- E is for Express.
- R is for React.
- N is for Node.js.
The high-performance and customized technologies used in this stack help programmers develop high-quality web apps rapidly.
- M is for MongoDB.
- E is for Express.
- N is for Node.js.
VueJS is very popular among programmers as it combines the best components from both AngularJS and ReactJS worlds, and can work amazingly for most development projects.
- L is for Linux, an open-source operating system.
- Apache, a cross-platform web server software.
- MySQL, an open-source database.
- PHP/ Python/ Perl, programming languages
LAMP has been used for years to develop enterprise-level web apps demanding greater customization and flexibility.
There is also RoR Stack, where RoR stands for Ruby on Rails. Ruby on Rails framework, which is often called just Rails, uses Ruby as a programming language and a database called SQLite.
This stack is very popular among start-up companies as it allows building apps fast and growing their business rapidly.
All tech stacks have their pros and cons, so the one you choose mostly depends on the type of project and the software development objectives.
Full Stack Developer Roles/Responsibilities
While many developers are proficient in either client-side or server-side development, full stack development is about writing both sides of the application. Diversity is the most intriguing part of being a full stack programmer.
Full stack developers are generally passionate coders because being a jack of all trades require a certain degree of dedication and focus. Following new development techniques, programming tools, and industry trends is also a vital part of their job.
Let’s find out what core responsibilities a full stack programmer have:
- Develop frontend and backend parts of a website or app architecture via designer mock-ups and wireframes.
- Development of functional databases, servers.
- Development of RESTful APIs and services.
- Designing of the user flow through the app or website.
- Optimizing apps and websites for mobile devices.
- Directing the development process.
- Taking advantage of the latest software approaches, best practices and frameworks.
- Staying up to date on new development technologies, tools and advancements.
- Ensure that all non-functional requirements including security, performance, scalability, maintainability, and reliability are taken into consideration.
Also read on How to Hire a Frontend Developer
Full Stack Developer Skills
Full stack engineers are all-in-one professionals with a wide range of skills and knowledge. Here are the top nine skills to look for while hiring full stack programmers:
- Backend languages – PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- CSS or HTML friendly
- React and Angular
- Git and GitHub proficiency
- Web architecture
- REST and HTTP
- Database management– JSON, XML, MySQL, etc.
- UX/ UI designing skills
- Soft skills– Self-Management, Time-Management, Creativity, Patience, Empathy, Communication, Teamwork, Passion, etc.
How to Hire Full Stack Developers? (Different Options)
There are many ways to hire a full stack web developer for web development services– outsourcing agencies with a wide talent pool, freelancing portals with independent frontend developers and job listings.
Each option has its unique advantages and disadvantages. Understand the following hiring options to yield the best results:
- Hiring from Outsourcing Agencies
- Hiring Freelancers
- Hiring In-House Developers
Let’s discuss this in detail…
Hiring from Outsourcing Agencies
Hiring from full-service outsourcing agencies is the most efficient option for sustainable and scalable software development. This is an effective and modern solution to combat the lack of top-tier talent in the existing market.
How to hire full stack developers from outsourcing agencies?
You choose from a pre-vetted talent pool from any country, and the chosen full stack web developer would work for you remotely. You can find the top outsourcing agencies in the following portals:
- IT Firms
Check out the pros and cons…
- Choose from a wide pool of pre-vetted talent.
- Avail Flexible hiring options (Full-time, part-time, project-based, hourly, etc.)
- Unlock a wide scope of experience and expertise.
- Eliminate the time-consuming screening and interviewing process.
- Save expenses in employee perks, induction, sick/vacation days, etc.
- Maintain long-term partnership for maintenance and support.
- Hire more full stack programmers whenever you like to scale your team.
- The developer will be supervised by the outsourcing agency at all times.
- Top-quality code writing and streamlined project delivery.
- Costlier than hiring freelancers, but definitely worth the cost.
- Remotely working employees reside in different time zones, leading to hindered communication at times.
Hiring Freelancing Developers
A pocket-friendly option for short-term projects. This option may seem attractive due to its affordability but bear in mind, this benefit comes with many drawbacks such as lack of communication and inefficient development process.
How to hire full stack developers from freelancer portals?
Conduct extensive research on the available freelancing developers to learn their experience and expertise in full stack development. This screening process is followed by an interview round and then you select the best-suited freelancer for your project. You can search for talented frontend developers in the following portals:
Let’s look at the pros and cons…
- The most affordable option for hiring developers.
- Save costs in employee perks, induction, sick/vacation days, etc.
- Ideal for small-scale projects.
- Hire whenever you like.
- Low dependability.
- Lack of communication due to remote work.
- Little to no control over your project.
- Unsupervised development process.
- Haphazard project deliveries.
Also read on Hiring In-House vs Remote Developers – Comparison
Hiring In-House Developers
This is the traditional method of hiring full stack web developers. In this option, you integrate a new loyal employee into your existing team for long-term project sustainability. The hired full stack engineer blends into your work environment and actively participates as a member of your workforce.
How to hire full stack developers as in-house employees?
You conduct research and go through a relentless process of screening and interviewing. In this option, you’re choosing a permanent employee for your company, that’s why you need to choose the best candidate meticulously. Here are some of the top portals to find the best candidates:
Let’s look at the pros and cons:
- An in-house employee cares about your long-term mission and goals.
- In-house developer integrates well with your existing team.
- In-house developers will always be at your beck and call.
- Seamless communication among team members.
- Active collaboration among team members.
- Expensive option over time with monthly salaries and employee perks.
- Stressful and time-consuming screening process.
- Difficult to find top-tier frontend developers for hire.
Examples of Interview Questions while Hiring Full Stack Developers
The interview is an important stage of the selection process, you need to ask the right questions to figure out who will be a good fit for your project. Here are some examples:
- Describe a website or application you built and the technologies used in the process
- How would you protect user data on an online portal?
- You have a build an application in a month, what technologies, frameworks and programming languages would you use?
- What tech stacks do you work with?
- What programming languages are you adept at?
- What APIs are you familiar with?
- Tell me about your everyday work as a full stack programmer at your previous employment
- How do you keep up with the latest updates, industry trends and advancements?
- Describe a time when you faced an obstacle in the development process and explain how you overcame that challenge.
Communication Crafts- Offering World Class Full Stack Developers
With years of proven experience and an enviable list of clients, Communication Crafts offers Full Stack Web Developers in London or remote Full Stack Developers’ team to create digital products that move your business forward. Let’s face it, good Full Stack web developers are difficult to find. That’s where our experts make life easy for you. Our clients enjoy a level of professionalism that many tech start-ups and businesses miss out on.
With years of proven experience building highly captivating, secure, dynamic, and scalable web applications & mobile apps, our amazing team of Full Stack engineers always outdo themselves. You don’t have to delay your success any longer, hire Full Stack web developers today and get digital solutions that take your business on the hyper-growth path.
Why Hire from Communication Crafts?
- ISO 27001:2013 Certification
- Clutch Rating (4.8/5.0)
- 17+ Years of Hands-On Experience
- 150+ Clients across the globe
- 180+ Expert Developers
- Flexible Hiring Models
- Cutting-Edge Technologies
Building your present, for a fruitful future…