Video Marketing Strategy: What you need to Know to Succeed
It’s rather surprising that many people still think that video production is merely a 3-step journey, and for some even 2 steps. Shoot, edit and post! We’re here to tell you that’s not how it works! Every single component from planning, goal setting to organizing and even budgeting contribute to a successful video campaign. If you’ve started creating and posting your unique video content, you’ve already crossed one major milestone, which is- getting started!
This video marketing guide is bound to help you set up your perfect video marketing strategy! If videos fit in your long term marketing vision, then read this one very carefully.
Define your goals
Setting a measurable and clear goal drives your team to achieve that goal collectively. Believe it to not, revenue-based goals actually set a base for your success and provide quantitative feedback.
Which types of video goals can you set?
1. Brand awareness goals: To measure the brand recognition, recall and the quality of overall content.
2. Higher conversions: Measuring the total amount of leads generated or the impact of content on the conversation rate.
3. Enhanced engagement: To measure the viewer engagement of the content, how long people view your video or the duration spent on your content.
As a highly experienced video production company, we believe in setting up S.M.A.R.T goals.
– S: Specific goal setting is important. We know you want higher audience engagement but what does higher engagement mean to you? Are you referring to your social media? Or anything else?
– M: Measurable goals translate to something you can actually analyze, such as key performance indicators.
– A: Attainable goals, the part where you set up realistic goals for you and your video production team so they can be achieved without conflict or chaos.
– R: Relevancy to your company’s overall objective is very necessary. It would not be fair and practical to just have a farfetched goal.
– T: Timely goals should be realistic enough to be achieved in a given time frame.
Select the type of video you want to work with
The type of videos you can work with is vast, so it’s recommended to clearly figure out what you want. Think about a story you would like to tell, how do you see yourself telling it, how do you visualize it, how is it parallel to your company’s ideologies and most importantly, which style is the most favourable to do so. It’s important you start off with a certain type of video and then when the need arises, rethink the video style. Remember, every different story has a different way of being told! Don’t stop until you find the suitable video style for the appropriate message. Viewers on different platforms appreciate diversity. Factors to consider are the videos that statistically gain the most engagements or conversions, maximum ROI and the most reach!
The budget for your video marketing strategy is mostly impacted by the type of video you are going to work with. Every type of video, whether it is animation to explainer will vary in its production cost. The quality and style are the main factors that contribute to your video, thus having a huge impact on your ROI. The more attractive the video, the more profitable it is. Other factors such as hiring freelancers, professional company or an in-house team form a part of your budget. Don’t forget the additional costs of equipment, software, multiple edits or even location charges that pop up during the process of creating the ideal video.
Video content strategy
This video marketing tip is essential in creating an absolutely seamless video content strategy. There are two manners in which you can cater to this:
– Business content: This is often directly business/ company related, scheduled series, content for your website, how-to tutorials, client testimonials, company culture, homepage videos, anything and everything that is bound to stay longer on your page!
– Campaign: These type of videos run for a shorter duration of time. Often new trends, current topics, new product launches, festive greetings etc. are all campaign videos. As mentioned above, they’re only made for a specific purpose and often retire after they serve their purpose.
The important point of difference here is the timing of these videos. Set your appointments up in advance before you get ready to shoot. No last moment change of plans here!
Where are you posting this?
After the entire process of creating tons of content for your company, you ought to decide where it will live or rather serve its purpose. Before releasing any videos, you will have to fix multiple distribution channels to get the most out of the content you’ve created! The content can live on multiple pages of your website, about us page, the homepage or even the blog page. Newsletters are another favourable option for your content to go live on, along with various social media platforms and video hosting platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo etc. The key to successfully posting your videos is to dedicate a large chunk of your website to your video content. The purpose is to guide your audience through the entire process; from introduction to your company to buying your product and even using your product.
Analyze your strategy
Don’t let the word metrics freak you out! Videos are quite easy to track, take our word for it! Any online video platform will provide you with the necessary detailed data about your video content’s performance. What to consider when you analyze?
– Number of views
– How long your video is viewed for
– Click-through rates
– Content consumption
Communication Crafts has been a leading video production company since 15+ years with countless video projects throughout the globe! Our experts create bespoke video production strategies suitable for companies of all shapes and sizes. Creative storytelling is our forte and we help you tap into a new and a wider audience while telling your story in the best possible way through videos! When you work with our experts, you enhance your interactions with your audience in a strategic and a meaningful manner while giving them great videos to watch and share.