More than anything else, consumers are demanding more comfort and convenience in their lives. The solution to this demand is undoubtedly mobile apps.
With enhanced brand awareness and recognition, consumer engagement and brand loyalty are heavily reliant on the quality of mobile app development.
The digital era is changing drastically, forcing businesses to look for other ways to hire app developers. Business owners are looking for fast and safe ways on how to hire an app developer.
Evolving technologies have made it easy for businesses to connect with app development agencies around the globe, but that doesn’t mean that every agency will fit your needs like a glove.
And that’s why the experts at Communication Crafts have encapsulated the 7 effective steps on how to hire an app developer.
Do you have any questions on how to find the top app developers? Read this 7 step guide to get all the answers.
7 Easy Steps on “How to Hire an App Developer”
Step 1: Define your Mobile App Development Goals
Start your app development journey with heavy research. Carefully plan out your objectives for the mobile application. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of app does my business need?
- Does my app have a paid subscription model?
- Is it completely free?
- Does it include in-app purchases?
- Does it have an initial purchasing cost?
- What are the main features of my mobile app?
- How does my app solve my consumers’ pain points?
Answering these questions will help you reach a conclusion about your mobile application. This is an important step before starting the hunt for how to hire an app developer.
You need to be very specific regarding the mobile app’s concept, UI design, features and functionalities. Discuss these main objectives with the app developers or technology partners and let them know what you aim to accomplish with the mobile application.
Learn more about technology partners.
This brings us to step number 2.
Step 2: Define the App Types & Platform
After researching the app development goals, define the type of app you need with pinpoint accuracy.
- Do you need an in-house app to increase business efficiency?
- Do you need an app to directly sell your products?
- Do you need an app to run logistics?
- Do you need an app to connect with your audience?
Understand what type of app will ameliorate the challenges of your business and your consumers. Also, consider where do you want to launch your app, iOS or Android or both, and then decide the app development platform you’d prefer for your project.
With a blurry vision of what you want, the process of hiring finding the top app developers and the app development process gets more cumbersome than it needs to be.
Here’s a blog explaining the 4 steps of the app development process.
Step 3: Budget & Time Estimation
Consider how quickly do you want your app to be ready, and plan your progress accordingly. The average time taken for an app development process is as follows:
Image source: Intelivita
Choose the timeline you’re comfortable with and then move to the next step in the journey of “how to hire an app developer”
Budget is one of the most critical things to consider when considering how to hire an app developer. After you’ve decided the requirements and platforms for your mobile app, then consider what type of hiring fits your pre-determined budget.
There are 4 options you can choose from:
- Outsourcing: Cost-effective option for long-lasting technology partnership.
- Freelancers: Pocket-friendly option for short-term projects;
- Hiring In-House: Salary-based option to integrate with your existing IT team;
- Off-The-Shelf Software: SaaS-based software offering next to no flexibility;
Choose an option that fits your budget and gives you the flexibility to develop an app that fulfils your requirements and satisfies your end-users. Without careful budget planning, you may exceed your budget limits or end up with a subpar mobile app.
Step 4: Begin the Hunt for App Developers
If you’re confused about how to hire an app developer or where to find an app developer,
Then you’re at the right place!
Here’s a list of platforms you might need when you search for app developers:
Based on your app development objectives and estimated budget, choose the best-suited hiring model. Follow this step with heavy research on different platforms mentioned above.
Look for job applications on Glassdoor or LinkedIn for inhouse-hiring, research freelancers on Upwork or Toptal and use Clutch to shortlist the best software development agencies around the world.
Clutch is a platform that provides comprehensive details about different agencies along with a rating system. It showcases their service focus, client focus, portfolio, client reviews, size of the workforce, minimum project size, average hourly rate and so on.
Step 5: The Selection Process
You have determined your goals, requirements and type of hiring for your mobile app development, it is time for the most significant step of how to hire an app developer.
The selection process requires extensive screening and vetting. Here’s a list of considerations for a smooth selection process:
- Conduct thorough research and shortlist the app development companies that reflect your needs and goals;
- Examine company portfolio to gain an insight into their experience and expertise;
- Pay close attention to their experience with similar types of projects;
- Make sure the company exhibits seamless communication along with a transparent development process;
- Make sure the agencies have creative app design experts for UI/UX design;
- Make sure the shortlisted agencies have access to the latest software development technologies, and their expertise in using them;
- Examine case studies and client reviews to get a better understanding of the agencies’ previous projects;
- Ensure that the agency provides utmost confidentiality with NDA agreements;
- Look for end-to-end solutions- design to deployment;
- Look for global standards like ISO certification.
Step 6: Contact the App Development Agencies
After thoroughly evaluating the shortlisted companies, narrow your search and contact the remaining app development agencies.
Inquire about the technologies, UI/UX design skills, payment models, work culture, and so on. This will help you reach a decision in the journey of how to hire an app developer.
Convey your vision for the mobile app and pay close attention to the value they can add to it, allowing you to understand if you’ll get your money’s worth. Don’t limit the conversation with the account manager, directly connect with the developers that will work on your project.
An app development agency with high standards will give you the choice to hire an individual developer or a dedicated team of developers. Choose the option that best suits your project demands.
Ensure that the experience, expertise and skill set of the company aligns with your app development needs, and move on to the final step.
Step 7: Hire the App Development Agency
This is the final step of how to hire an app developer. If you’re confident that the selected agency ticks all the boxes required for successful app development, then start initial discussions regarding terms and conditions.
Select hiring models, payment models and sign the required documents.
Congrats! You’re ready to begin your mobile app development journey.
Now let’s see why more and more businesses are opting for outsourcing mobile app development:
Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile App Development:
- Eliminate the risky and time-consuming hiring process in the post-pandemic era;
- Find the perfect match for your app development needs and objectives;
- Address evolving business challenges with future-proof app development solutions;
- Leap into the future with the latest technologies and platforms for app development;
- Reputed app development agencies will never fail to meet deadlines;
- Streamlined and transparent app development process.
Communication Crafts as your Full-Services Mobile App Development Agency
Communication Crafts is a trusted mobile app development agency with 16+ years of hands-on experience. We utilise a potent blend of technology and innovation to provide end-to-end app development solutions under one roof. We leverage cutting-edge technologies for high-quality app development solutions that span many industries like banking & finance, food & drink, eCommerce, health & fitness, entertainment, photography, logistics, eLearning and more.
Our app development services help you captivate your current audience, reach out to potential consumers, maximise organic traffic and boost conversion rates.
Hire Versatile Mobile App Developers:
- Android Developers:
- Core Java Developers
- XML Developers
- iOS Developers:
- Swift Developers
- Objective C Developers
- Cross-platform Developers:
- React Native Developers
- Ionic Developers
- Flutter Developers
We actualize your app development dreams in 7 simple steps:
- Resource Gathering
- Ideation and Strategy
- UI/UX Design
- Application Development
- Application Testing
- Application Deployment
- Management, Maintenance and Promotion
Flexible Hiring Models by Communication Crafts:
|Working Hours||8 hours/day & 5 days/week||8 hours/day & 5 days/week||8 hours/day & 5 days/week|
|Communication||Email, Skype and Phone||Email, Skype and Phone||Email, Skype and Phone|
|Billing||Monthly||Monthly||Hourly (As per rate)|
|Hiring Period||Minimum 1 month||Minimum 1 month||Minimum 25 hours|
Building your present, for a fruitful future!